Smashed Minted Pea Bruschetta Recipe – The Eight Hours
If ever you fancied a break from yet another bowl of soup or big hearty meal then I think I have found your answer. Let me introduce you to our Smashed Minted Pea Bruschetta, the perfect meal to quickly knock up for a light and easy lunch or if you’re feeling something special one morning why not have this for breakfast with a poached egg?
I think we forget how good Peas are for us, you never really see a frozen bag and think ‘aaaa superfood’ but we should, those tiny little guys are full of a host of powerful phytonutrients (very good stuff) and lots of key antioxidants and let’s be honest we are going to need all the help we can get this winter.
What you’ll need:
– x2 cups of frozen peas
– decent handful of fresh mint
– tablespoon of greek yoghurt
– 1/2 lemon
– GF crackers
– Salt and pepper
– olive oil
What you’ll need to do:
– put your peas in a bowl and cover in hot water (you don’t need to boil you don’t want soggy peas)
– after a few minutes drain the water and add the peas back into the bowl
– add in your thinly diced mint, yoghurt and season then with a fork roughly mash and mix together
– pile onto your GF crackers and squeeze some lemon on top
– that is it
I don’t think we could have made a simpler meal, but sometimes that is exactly what we need. The festive season pretty much revolves around eating so when yet another turkey sandwich or office party buffet get too much you know what to do.
Check out more of The Eight Hours amazing photography and recipes, as well as stories from their travels over on their blog.